Well, I lost my UP cap recently, but Jawbone has a fantastic, one-time replacement policy. I submitted my claim this past Saturday and received my replacement today. Nice job, Jawbone.
Since I’ve been using my UP band and app since May, I didn’t want to lose any of my data or have a break in my data stream from one band to the next. When you visit the Jawbone forums, “How to sync a replacement UP band?” reveals how Jawbone has continued to improve the transition process.
My process was extremely straightforward as follows:
- Perform a final sync with the band to be returned in the UP app.
- Confirm upload of data from sync.
- Erase data from band to be returned.
- Connect replacement band to phone in UP app, having first ensured that the band is fully charged, to automatically sync.
- The 1.4.2 version of the UP app on Android didn’t prompt me unusually at all. Normal sync just commenced as before. I didn’t have to sign-out/-in to the UP app either; I just stayed signed in.
It’s nice to know that outstanding customer service still exists. Thanks, Jawbone.-Craig